Have you ever overslept and had to streamline your morning beauty routine down to just a quick shower and a haphazard slapping on of makeup? Here are some quick and easy tips to get you out the door, without having to spend your day in a baseball hat.
1. Before getting in the shower,put on a shower cap and tuck in as much hair as possible. The goal right now is not let the water or steam weigh down your hair and flatten it any more than it already is.Take your shower without applying anything at all to your hair.
2. After showering, take a towel and rub your head gently in circular motions. This will help to redistribute any oils that have built up on your scalp during the night.
3. Apply a No Rinse Shampoo. These are generally used in hospitals and nursing homes for patients who can not shower and wash their hair regularly. These are available to purchase at most drugstores and are extremely inexpensive. You can usually purchase a one ounce bottle for under four dollars. The product is applied to the hair until all of the hair is completely wet. You then towel dry your hair and style as usual. It dries quickly and gives your hair a fresh, clean scent.
4. If you do not have a No Rinse Shampoo and your hair is extremely oily from not washing it, shake out some baby powder and apply to the roots. The baby powder absorbs the oils and also gives your hair a fresh scent. Be sure to brush out the excess or people will think you are going prematurely gray. If your hair still has body from yesterday’s hair style, you can then just fluff up the ends a little and use some hairspray.
5. If your hair is completely flat and entirely lacking in body, spray some volumizer at the roots and bend over at the waist. Use your hairdryer to apply some heat while using your fingers to lift the hair from the roots. Stand up straight and aim the blow dryer at the ends from underneath. Again, using the fingers of the opposite hand to lift the hair. Style as usual and spray lightly with hairspray.
6. Finally, if your hair is medium to long, today is a perfect day for a quick up-do. Up-dos actually hold in place better on unwashed hair. Spray lightly with hairspray and use a wide tooth comb to separate the hair. Then, gather all the hair and twist either from the nape of the neck or the middle of your head. Use an alligator clip to hold in place. Bobby pins can also be used. Pull out a few pieces on either side of your head near your ears to give it a soft look. Up-dos do not have to be tight and perfectly in place to look attractive. Loose and even a little messy looks casual and is very in style.
The next time you oversleep or just don’t have time to perform your total hair routine, follow these tips and leave the hat at home.